Assignment 2: LASA 1—Informational Interview
In M1 Assignment 3, you identified a professional in the field of psychology to interview. You selected an interviewee employed in a psychology-related job that interests you and developed a list of ten questions.
For this assignment, you will conduct an interview with your chosen psychology professional using those ten questions.
- The interview must last a minimum of 30 minutes. As specified in Module 1, you must ask interviewees about their work, academic preparation, and advice during the interview. Be certain to include the interviewee’s answers to your questions on the following topics:
- The experiences, skills, and knowledge necessary for success in psychology careers or graduate school
- Relevant professional organizations
- His/her views on professional ethics and academic integrity
- The role of psychological research in his/her work
- His/her greatest challenges and rewards
- His/her reasons for choosing his/her field
Once the interview has been completed, prepare a 3- to 4-page summary detailing the responses you have received from the questions you asked as well as a discussion of any impact the interview has had on your decisions regarding possible future employment possibilities.
When discussing the impact the interview had on you, be sure to:
Discuss at least two strengths and two weaknesses you recognized in yourself after conducting the interview.
Identify at least one step you can take to address those weaknesses so that you strengthen your ability to attain your chosen career goal.
- Save your 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document as LastnameFirstInitial_M3_A2.
- Be sure to follow APA rules for attributing sources. Use this APA Citation Helper as a convenient reference for properly citing resources.
- By the due date assigned, submit your document to the Submissions Area.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Discussed the experiences, skills, and knowledge necessary for success in a career in psychology or in graduate school. Cited at least two sources.||
|Discussed relevant professional organizations.||
|Identified the interviewee’s views on professional ethics and academic integrity.||
|Discussed the role of psychological research in the interviewee’s work.||
|Identified the interviewee’s greatest challenges and rewards and the reasons the interviewee chose the field.||
|Discussed the impact the interview had on your decision making regarding future employment.||
|Included a discussion of your strengths and weaknesses you identified after talking with the interviewee. Also included at least one step you can take to overcome those weaknesses.||