Read Mini Case 15 Competing on Business Models: Google vs. Microsoft
- Identify and the main issues found discussed in the case (who, what, how, where and when (the critical facts in a case).
- List all indicators (including stated “problems”) that something is not as expected or as desired.
- Briefly analyze the issue with theories found in your textbook or other academic materials. Decide which ideas, models, and theories seem useful. Apply these conceptual tools to the situation. As new information is revealed, cycle back to sub-steps a and b.
- Identify the areas that need improvement (use theories from your textbook)
- Specify and prioritize the criteria used to choose action alternatives.
- Discover or invent feasible action alternatives.
- Examine the probable consequences of action alternatives.
- Select a course of action.
- Design and implementation plan/schedule.
- Create a plan for assessing the action to be implemented.
Business Insider: The War Between Microsoft And Google Heats Up: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-war-between-microsoft-and-google-heats-up-2013-1
Casadesus-Masanell, R., Ricart, J. 2009. From Strategy to Business Models to and to Tactics, Harvard Business School: http://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Publication%20Files/10-036.pdf
Forbes: Google smacks down Microsoft: http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2014/10/14/google-burn-microsoft/
Motley Fool: This Trends Bodes Well for Both Facebook Inc and Google Inc: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/09/07/this-trend-bodes-well-for-both-facebook-inc-and-go.aspx
New York Times: Did Google Really Lose on Its Original Motorola Deal?: http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/01/29/did-google-really-lose-on-its-original-motorola-deal/?_r=0
PowerPoint presentation(15-20 slides with notes))