- Drug use is information that is rightfully private and only in exceptional cases can an employer claim a right to know about such use.
Post a response to the Discussion Board that either defends or opposes this statement.
Discussion Board Assignment Guidelines:
Determine your stance on the issue of drug testing and employee drug use, and in 3–5 paragraphs, write how you feel about the issue.
You may use the following questions to help outline your response:
- Do employers always have a right to know about employee drug use?
- What if the drug use has no effect on employee performance?
- What if the drug use constitutes a serious health risk?
- How would you (as a manager) address the issue of employee drug use?