Download the file. Each team should use this Excel file to answer the following questions. Rename each file with your team name first and then the week number, for example: “Birds-Week2”
1) Convert the Centigrade TempData to Fahrenheit for each of the 31 days. Calculate the 5-number summary, range, IQR, Mean and Standard Deviation in the given fields for both Centigrade and Fahrenheit data.
- Calculate the ratio of Fahrenheit over Centigrade for the range, IQR, Mean and Standard Deviation. Which ratio is different? Why?
2) Calculate the the 5-number summary, range, IQR, Mean and Standard Deviation for the variable Weight. Which is larger, the mean or the median?
- Create a histogram for the Weight variable with 10 class intervals. Describe the shape of the histogram.
- Calculate the inner and outer fences (for both above Q3 and below Q1). How many boxplot outliers (near and far) are there?
- Calculate the z-score for each of the 118 players. How many potential outliers are there with z-scores greater than 2 or less than -2?