Week 2 – Assignment
[WLOs: 3, 4] [CLOs: 3,4]
List of Required Sources
Click each source below:
For this assignment, you will write an annotated bibliography on three sources. For detailed information on how to create your Annotated Bibliography, see the Sample Annotated Bibliography and the Annotated Bibliography Template (Links to an external site.).
For the Annotated Bibliography, you will write annotations for three sources. One source should be a primary source. Though a primary source can be different things depending on the research project, for your Literary Analysis Final Paper in Week 5, the primary source is the literary work you selected for your Week 1 Proposal for Final Paper assignment.
Next, choose two secondary sources that are additional to the course textbook. Secondary sources are publications like textbooks, magazine articles, histories, criticisms, commentaries, encyclopedias, and so forth. An appropriate secondary source to use for your literary analysis is a scholarly source that interprets and offers analysis of a literary work.
The sources you locate must be academic sources and come from peer-reviewed journals or other scholarly publications. Your two secondary sources could come from the sources located in this week’s Performing Literary Research discussion.
Copy and paste the writing prompt you chose to explore in the Week 1 Proposal for Final Paper into a blank Word document.
In your Annotated Bibliography,
- Revise the working thesis you created in the Week 1 Proposal for Final Paper assignment (include it below your writing prompt).
- Identify your primary source (your selected literary work) and two secondary, academic sources in this same document.
- Summarize each source. (Each summary should be 100 to 150 words.)
- Explain how each source supports your working thesis.
The Annotated Bibliography
- Must be 100 to 150 words in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must use one primary source and two scholarly sources in addition to the course textbook.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
In this class, you have two tutoring services available: Paper Review (available in the online classroom) and Live Chat (Links to an external site.). Click on the Writing Center tab in the left-navigation menu in your online course to learn more about these tutoring options and how to get help with your writing.
Click each example below:
- Example of the Primary Source for the Annotated Bibliography
- Example of the Secondary Source for the Annotated Bibliography
Alternatively, you may clickto view the following examples in PDF.
Attached is week 1 Assignment Proposal For Final Paper Worksheet