Focus of the Final Paper
Explain how the management practices of planning, leading, organizing, staffing, and controlling are implemented in your workplace. If you are not currently working, you may use a previous employer. You will analyze the application of these management concepts to your place of work; the paper will not be simply a report on the five functions in general. Include specific examples of how each of the functions is practiced in your place of work. Be sure to integrate vocabulary learned throughout this course and citations from the text to support your analysis. The paper should be five to eight pages long and formatted using APA style guidelines.
Writing the Final PaperThe Final Paper:
- Must be five to eight double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Final Paper: It is important to understand the purpose of this paper is not to define the five functions; the purpose is to explain how the five functions are applied in your workplace. Note the prompt says four – this is an error – discuss all five. If you are not working use a past work experience. In your response, be sure to use examples and vocabulary from the text to support your points. See Week 5 Overview for full prompt.