Assignment 1: Express Yourself: Patient-Centered Care
This discussion assignment focuses on what patient-centered care means and why it is relevant to nursing and your practice. For your assignment, immerse yourself in establishing a broad view of patient-centered care through an Internet search of key, credible sources to describe why it is important to you as a practicing nurse, why it is important to the nursing profession, and how it is demonstrated in the clinical workplace.
In a 1- to 2-page Microsoft Word document and online discussion, include the following:
- What is the meaning of patient-centered care?
- Why is the patient-centered care important to you as a practicing nurse?
- Why is the patient-centered care important to the nursing profession?
- Are there patient-centered care policies and processes in place in your or an alternate clinical workplace of your choice? If yes, list them. If no, why do you think they are not present?
- How is patient-centered care demonstrated in your clinical workplace or in your nonemployer clinical workplace?
- What were your credible sources?
- Write your initial response in a 1- to 2-page Microsoft Word document.
- Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail. Include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style. Demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Use this APA Citation Helper as a convenient reference for properly citing resources.
- Save your paper as AU_NUR406_M2_A1_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
By the due date assigned, copy your response from your document and paste it in the Discussion Area. In addition, post your Microsoft Word document as an attachment. Through the end of the module, review and comment on at least two of your classmates’ responses.
Do the following when responding to your classmates:
- Read your classmates’ responses.
- Provide substantive comments by doing some or all of the following:
- Contribute new, relevant information from course readings, websites, or other sources
- Build on the remarks or questions of others
- Share practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to your classmates on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing:
- Is clear, concise, and organized
- Demonstrates ethical scholarship in the accurate representation and attribution of sources
- Displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions||
|Quality of responses to classmates||
|Frequency of responses to classmates||
|Reference to supporting readings and other materials||
|Language and grammar||