This assignment has 4 parts.
- What questions do you have about the overarching Unit 5 assignment? Although not due until the end of the class, it is important that you begin planning for this project early in the course. What are your initial thoughts about how you will approach this assignment? Explain.
- How do cross-cultural differences affect the use of or response to power in organizations?
- What are some examples of individual and organizational sources of power and their consequences for followers and organizations?
- What are some examples of the abuse of power in organizations and how might they have been prevented from occurring? For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials. In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.
Unit 5 assignment
You have been encouraged by a colleague to write an article about “CEOs and presidents” for a management journal. You have decided to compare the leadership styles of three leaders. Using the Library, the Internet, and your course materials, write a 8-10 page report that elaborates on the following:
In your article, provide the following:
- An introduction to the concept of influence processes
- An explanation of the role of influence in contemporary leadership
- A discussion of the various types of influence processes and the factors that can affect them
- The methodology used to identify and research the leaders selected for this report
- An analysis of the influence processes used by the three leaders. Identify the processes that the leaders and top management team are using or have used to impact their organization.
- A discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of the influence processes used by the three leaders relative to current and future challenges facing leaders in global organizations.
- A summary of the key attributes of the influence processes employed by these leaders to effect positive organizational change or improved performance.
Use the Library or other Web resources to support your argument. Be sure to cite your sources using APA Style 6th edition guidelines.
Your report MUST include a reference list. All research should be cited in the body of the paper. Individual Projects without references and citations may not earn any higher grade than a ‘C’ letter grade. Your report should contain an abstract, an introduction, and conclusion in addition to the body of the paper. Please note that if you have a source in your reference section, you need to cite it in the body of the paper per APA guidelines and vice-versa.