Choose a public place such as a shopping mall, a library, a restaurant, or any other place where you are not participating in the activities you are observing. Record your observations in field notes. Pay attention to and describe the following in detail:
- The setting (layout of the space, arrangement of furniture, decor, “feel,” and so forth),
- The people (describe individuals and groups, detail behaviors)
- The action (what are the relationships between people and/or groups?).
- Then expand the description of one particular person at some point in the observation.
- A 4-5 page summary of what you observed.
- A few paragraphs of what you learned about yourself as a researcher.
- Any electronic field notes you took, as an Appendix to the paper (or a brief description of your handwritten notes).
follow apa template formate