The objective of this discussion is to aid you in mastering the following course competency:
- Apply theories, models, and practices of global operations management to address business problems.
More specifically, you will:
- Formulate problem statements to address process design problems, capacity management problems and quality management problems.
In this discussion, you will examine problem statements as well as note the importance of identifying the appropriate problem statement and making sure it is clear. To do this, answer the following:
- In the development of a problem statement, what are some components you consider important when identifying the real causes of a problem?
- How would you describe the problem in a way that is clear to the management team that will be evaluating the OIP?
- Keep your audience in mind as you determine what level of information and detail is appropriate. Remember the cost-benefit relationship as you frame the problem and proposed opportunity.