Read the chapter, “Do Not Go Gentle,” from Ten Little Indians.
Then write an essay that addresses each of the following:
1. Describe the various emotions that the main character experienced in this story. Do you think this flow of feelings was realistic? Explain.
2. Some people consider the content of this story to be offensive. What are your thoughts? Justify your opinion with details from the text.
3. Some individuals would consider this story one of hope. What are your thoughts? Justify your answer with details from the text.
4. Did the story end as you expected it to? Explain.
5. What emotions did you go through as you read the story? Support your answer with details from the text.
6. Was Sherman Alexie successful in describing the angst of new parents in this story? Explain by supporting your answer with details from the text.