Critical Thinking: Industry Analysis (105 points)
To prepare for this assignment, review Figures 2.2 and 2.3 from your textbook and the text relative to Porter’s Five Forces of Competition framework. Consider the role of the following key forces of suppliers, substitutes, buyers, and potential entrants.
- Select a Middle Eastern company of your choosing and assess the power of each of five forces on that firm: that is, how powerful are the buyers, suppliers, and substitutes? How formidable are the barriers to entry and how intense is the rivalry among existing firms?
- Which of the forces has the biggest impact on the firm and why? What are the structural determinants impacting the firm?
- Focus on how you see your chosen company positioned in the market vis-à-vis the five forces you have identified, and which recommendations would you give to the firm’s management to improve their position in relation to suppliers, buyers, barriers to entry, and competitors.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 4-5 pages in length, which does not include the required title page or reference page, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles unless the assignment calls for more.
- Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
- No palagrism
Required Reading & videos:
Chapter 2 (“Industry Analysis”, pp. 40-55) in Foundations of Strategy
Chapter 2 PowerPoint slides in Foundations of Strategy
Raharja. S. J., & Arifianti, R. (2018). Competitive strategy in “XYZ” four-star hotel company in Tangerang City, Indonesia. Review of Integrative Business and Economics Research, suppl. Supplementary Issue 1, 7, 117-126.
Plus 2 Recommended Readings and 4 Videos