Digital Assignment Project #1
The purpose of this assignment is to gauge your ability to perform proper and successful historical research.As online research becomes increasingly important to all academic disciplines it is necessary to be able to demonstrate proper research skills.
You will be required to access the Library of Congress website or another historical website and research a primary source.In a two-page paper, you will identify the primary source, which time period it is from and how it is significant to history.
1.Go to the Library of Congress website (www.loc.gov) or other historical website.(Check with professor before using any other website.)
2.Search a topic or time period and choose a suitable primary source.
3.From your search, identify one primary source and analyze it.Then explain why and how that primary source is historically significant.
- If you have any questions about what constitutes a primary source, please use the link next to the syllabus on Cougar Courses or contact me.
- Use your textbook to defend your analysis
- You may not use one found on Cougar Courses
- Be a primary source or artifact from the time period covered in this course
- Include the URL to the primary source
- Be 2 pages long
- Do not plagiarize and use only your textbook and a historically valid website
- Be from the time period covered in class
Your Assignment must:
- Double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 point font with default margins
- Not waste space (proper heading, indentation, spacing…)
- Submitted both online to TurnItIn via Cougar Courses and a hard copy in class
- Cited, using your textbook
- Contain no grammatical errors
- Use third person
The assignment is due September 19, at 7 a.m. on TurnItIn and a hard copy in class.